For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, March 2, 2012

A Yellow Crocus

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Every year my daughter, Maggie, sends me a picture of the first crocus of the season. I love that she shares that first hope of spring with me. A long cold or rainy winter can be a difficult time for people who battle anxiety and depression. Although I enjoy a snowy winter, I still find myself in a dark place some times. If I could change one thing about my life, I’d remove my moments of anxiety that cause negative stress. Since I can’t do that alone I ask God for help.

I try not to allow the anxiety to take over. Instead, I seek times to rejoice and praise him, and I pray and seek his guidance. Sometimes my anxiety may still envelop me, but I know that God is with me and that he brings hope with him. When the stress passes, I find a peace that only comes from my Father in heaven. God guards my heart and brings me peace. I praise God for his love and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment