For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Refreshment from God

Acts 3:18-19
But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord…

I sat cross-legged on my bed and turned the white dials, hoping to create an amazing picture on the red box in my lap. As a child, I spent hours playing with my Etch a Sketch. Sometimes my goal was to move the stylus across the entire screen enough times to remove all of the aluminum powder. I also enjoyed writing my name and leaving secret messages for my cousin. Sometimes as I moved the dials, I messed up and made ugly images. The best part was that I could turn the toy upside down and shake it until I erased whatever I created and then start again.

Thank goodness God wants to erase my sin and give me a fresh start. Because he is an all knowing God with great compassion, he gave me an escape plan from my sins. I praise God that he sent Jesus to earth to die for me so that I can be forgiven and live in him. He is a God of second chances who refreshes my spirit with his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment