For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, February 10, 2012

In My Heart

Philippians 1:3-7
I thank my God every time I remember you. 
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me.

I stood in the store and looked through the red, white and pink sea of cards. As I searched for just the right sentiments to send out for Valentine’s Day, I read funny notes of love, serious declarations of eternal devotion and cute messages just right for our grandkids. I wanted to remember the little ones who I hold in my heart. As I sent each card, I prayed for them with joy, just as Paul prayed for the Philippians.  

The apostle Paul loved his friends in Philippi. As he traveled on his mission trips, he knew that he could rely on them for support and that they shared a love for Jesus. He carried them in his heart and prayed for them. Jesus holds me in his heart. He loves me more that I can imagine. I humbly pray that I return even a fraction of the joy that he gives to me. I praise God that he remembers me and loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment