For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Roy G. Biv

Genesis 9:12-16
And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

As a child in elementary school, I learned the colors of the rainbow by associating them with Roy G. Biv. R-Red, O-Orange, Y-Yellow, G-Green, B-Blue, I-Indigo and V-Violet. I remembered the colors and recited them to the teacher, but I did not see every color together in a rainbow until today. Each color shined bright and clear across the sky. From the glowing red to the lovely violet, the bow shimmered among the clouds.

As Tim and I enjoyed the sight, he said, “How can people see that and not believe in God.” I agree. Our amazing God created so much incredible nature. Every spring, when the daffodils, forsythia, tulip trees and redbuds bloom, I am humbled by God’s amazing creation. His presence surrounds me. I thank God for the beauty that covers the earth.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment