For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Near Perfect

Photo-Penny Frost McGinnis
Philippians 3:20-21
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ 
who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Every once in awhile, what is expected to be an ordinary day turns in to perfection. Tim and I rolled the top back on the Jeep Wrangler and journeyed north to Lake Erie. We landed on Marblehead peninsula where we viewed the majestic lighthouse then traveled to Vermilion, a quaint town with its own pie shop. Who doesn’t want a pie shop down the street? We found another lighthouse and witnessed the sun sinking as orange sky glowed above lapping water. To top off the weekend we ferried to Kelley’s Island. Fluffy white clouds floating in cerulean blue skies reflected on Lake Erie. A soft breeze moved with us as we traversed the island in a golf cart. I couldn’t get over the peaceful, joy filled emotion that carried with me through the following week.

Photo-Penny Frost McGinnis
Not many days turn out to be near perfect. But I know without a doubt a time is coming when every day will be idyllic because Our God is perfect. What I find beautiful here will fade in comparison with what waits for me in heaven. I don’t know for sure what will be in heaven. We used to sing “I’ve got a mansion just over the hilltop.” I don’t need a mansion. A cottage would be dandy or a lighthouse J. Whatever waits, I know God is there and He will open his arms to all who believe. I don’t know about you, but I’m excited that He loves me that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment