For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Women of a Certain Influence

2 Timothy 1:5
I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

As a child, I saw my mom and my grammy reading. They often sat with their Bibles and drenched themselves in God’s words. My mom loved to learn, and she instilled in me a love of reading and learning. She also taught me respect and adoration for God. My grammy prayed for me and often reminded me that God loved me and he watched over me. I am blessed to have two great women who mentored me as I searched for God’s truth and grew in him.

The apostle Paul reminded the young minister, Timothy, that his mother and grandmother set a great example of faith. He also assured this young man that the same faith lived in him. Timothy and I were blessed with women in our lives who shared their faith in God. I praise God for their influence. As a follower of Christ, I pray that I lead by example as I share my faith with my children and grandchildren.

Thank you to all of the mothers who pray and study God’s word. I pray God pours his blessings on you this Mother’s Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment