For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Honor the Heroes

Romans 12:9-11
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

A young wife in Joplin, Missouri sheds tears for her husband who loved her so much that he gave his life to save and protect her. A family in Russellville, Ohio mourns the death of their son, brother and friend who gave his life protecting our country. Everyday heroes all over the world die for the people they love. And everyday heroes all over the world live to make a difference. With all of the tornados, earthquakes and flooding, many heroes stepped up to help those who survived. Our friend Rick loaded his truck and headed south to help the flood victims along the Mississippi. 

Memorial Day is a day to remember. I think about my dad and the many men and women who served in World War II and those serving today. I think of loved ones who no longer reside on this earth, the heroes who went before me to preserve my freedom, and the folks who made a difference in my life. I think of Jesus who gave his life so that I can look forward to heaven. All of these heroes honored others above themselves. Pray a prayer of thanksgiving with me as we honor the men and women who gave so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment