For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Judgement?

Colossians 4:2-6
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

According to the billboard I saw on route 125, the Lord is returning today(May 21). He may or may not; no one knows the day that Jesus will return but God.  I’ve heard many comments on the prediction of Judgment Day, mostly jokes and negative comments. Even if I don’t agree with the person predicting the day, since only God knows the day, I take the reality of it happening as serious as I do my next breath.

Whether Jesus returns today or next year or in a hundred years, I want to be prepared to be with him. Each day that I wake up on this earth is one more day that I can help someone else, talk to them about Jesus, encourage another Christian, read my Bible and talk to God. Paul tells the Colossians to “make the most of every opportunity”, I should too.  Many wonderful opportunities find their way into my life, but not one of them holds a candle to being with Jesus in eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment