For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Storms of Hope

 Psalm 107:28-30
Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, 
   and he brought them out of their distress. 
He stilled the storm to a whisper; 
   the waves of the sea were hushed. 
They were glad when it grew calm, 
   and he guided them to their desired haven.

I glanced in my rearview mirror yesterday as I was driving to work. A black cloud filled with moisture hung over the land. The meteorologist predicted more rain and storms. This spring has been excessively wet. I think I heard that April 2011 had more rain than any other April on record.

Sometimes in life I experience more storms and rain than usual. I wonder if I can find my way through the lightning and the rain. But, I know that if I take God’s hand and seek his guidance, I can stand against life’s storms. One thing I love about rain and storms is the rainbow at the end. God reminds us of his promise,”Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life”. The storms will not destroy me; instead they remind me of my God who is faithful to calm the storms to a whisper of hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment