For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, April 29, 2011

More than Facebook Friends

Philemon 1:6-7
I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

I signed up for a Facebook account a few years ago so that I could see pictures of my grandchildren, great nieces and nephews and my friends’ growing families. During the time I’ve been a member of Facebook, I’ve received several friend requests. Many from family and folks from my church, and quite a few from people I went to school with.

This week my friend Janice suggested that several of our college buddies and I “friend” one of our mutual college pals, Kim. I remembered that she married one of the guys from college, so I was acquainted with both of them. When I visited her page, I found out that her husband was in the hospital with serious medical issues. He was in need of prayer. Soon these friends who reconnected sent up prayers for Joe and typed words of encouragement to Kim. I have not seen these people in more than thirty years, yet God brought us together again so that we could lift up our brother and sister in Christ to him and pour our love over them. God knew that Kim and Joe needed encouragement and he knew who to send their way. He does that for all of his children. I pray that he continues to give me opportunities to refresh and encourage the hearts of his people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment