For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Voice of Truth

Hebrews 4:12-13
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.


The library where I work has two floors. Students seeking quiet study space go to the second floor. And on the first floor the voices sail around the room at a low roar. From my desk, I hear people laughing with their friends and some groaning over a poor grade. Many are studying in groups and others are talking on their phones. Just hearing all of those voices makes me want to cover my ears and stop listening.


Sometimes, I feel that way in life. So many voices call to me, and try to influence me; the news, emails, commercials, co-workers, family, friends and on it goes.  Only one voice speaks the truth, the Bible which God inspired to be the book that guides our lives. Sometimes I get discouraged because my understanding comes at a slow pace, but then God opens his word and shows me his desire for my life. Casting Crowns sings one of my favorite songs, The Voice of Truth, which tells me “do not be afraid”, because above all of the other voices, I can choose with confidence to believe God’s voice of truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment