For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hope All Day Long

Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, LORD, 
   teach me your paths. 
Guide me in your truth and teach me, 
   for you are God my Savior, 
   and my hope is in you all day long.

On Monday, spring sashayed through southern Ohio. In her path she left golden forsythia bushes, bright yellow daffodils and green budding lilacs. My willow tree, covered with baby buds, swayed in the light breeze. Right behind spring’s grand entrance, winter lurked. By Thursday snowflakes floated in the air.

When life flows along a trail littered with goodness and joy, hope walks beside me. But, then Satan noses in and wants to create havoc and make my days unpleasant by planting seeds of doubt and anger. When that happens, I cling to my hope that comes from God, a promise that he will not leave me. He is my hope all day long.  Much like spring, the hope I know in Jesus, carries me through those unexpected winter days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment