For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Box

Hebrews 13:20-21
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,
 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Do I “think outside the box”, someone might ask me. Sometimes, I do. I like to problem solve and find creative solutions for situations that might not be typical. Thinking in imaginative ways works sometimes, but not without God's wisdom and guidance. 

I like to think that my “box” is a place of safety, where I can go to regroup using the equipment that God set up for me. I imagine my box filled with my Bible, prayer time, worship songs, the sweet smell of fresh rain that washes away the dirt of life, grace, mercy, love and Jesus with open arms. I may move about outside the box and think outside of it, but I don’t want to move away from it without those treasures that restore my soul. Cherish the box God gives you and use his offerings to refresh your heart as you go out and do good things.

1 comment:

  1. Penny, I love your devotions. Always thought provoking. I really appreciate this scripture today that God gives us what we need to complete what he wants us to do. I needed to read that today.

    ReplyDelete