For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sharing Treasures

Acts 2:42-45
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.

This week, for the first time, I attended a writing group at the college where I work. I was meeting with people who wanted to listen to the words I penned, my anxiety rose a bit.  To my delight, I enjoyed the time and the sharing. We chatted about our writing experience and laughed about life. The fellowship with other writers renewed my writing energy.

Spending time with other writers, reminded me of how people flock together in groups to share the treasures of life. I love going to church to fellowship with people who worship God. Meeting together with people who praise God and love Jesus reminds me of sitting around the kitchen table at my mom’s house and feeling the love of friends and family. God calls us to meet together with other believers so that we might be refreshed in him. I praise God for the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment