For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, October 29, 2010

He Calls the Stars by Name

Psalm 147:1-4

Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.

The other day as I walked to my car to go to work, I took a few minutes to look up. The clear, dark sky filled with stars mesmerized me. I could have gazed at them for hours. I recognized the Big Dipper and searched for other constellations I might know. When I look at the night sky, I’m still amazed at the order of the millions of stars and how they stay in place.

God positioned every single star in the sky and he named them. He knows where they hang and keeps them all in line. If he pays that much attention to the stars, how much thought does he pay to us? God created you and me in his image to be his cherished family. He loves each of us more than we can imagine. I love that the Psalm says he heals the brokenhearted and binds their wounds. He does this because he cares, because he loves us. As you gaze at the stars remember his promise to heal and to love. Praise the Lord for his love!

No comments:

Post a Comment