For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Comfort Like No Other

Isaiah 49:13

Shout for joy, you heavens;
rejoice, you earth;
burst into song, you mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

Living on earth brings pain, sadness, suffering and grief. I know that is a depressing way to start this devotion, but unfortunately that is the truth. The good news is, is that life also offers the joy of seeing a child grow, the beauty of spring, the warmth of friendship, the love of our family, and the opportunity to fall in love with Jesus.

Recently I’ve heard a lot of sad news about people I know and love. As I walk through this journey with them, I am reminded that God gives us a comfort like no other. He wraps his arms around us and holds us close. His compassion brings me joy. No matter what you are going through, if you are a believer in the grace of Jesus, God holds you in his heart and hears your prayers. He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment