For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pure Wisdom

James 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt…

James 3:17
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

My husband and I attend a small group each week. We get together with friends, study the Bible and pray for direction in our lives. This week we talked about passion, and one of the ladies asked us if we would share the one thing that energizes us with enthusiasm. I tend to be a person who enjoys many different activities, especially anything to do with reading, writing, and arts and crafts. I also love spending time with Tim, and our family and sharing in the Women’s Ministry at church.

The one thread that weaves its way through all that I enjoy and find exciting is learning. I love to learn. While knowledge adds depth to my life, the most important understanding that I will ever gain is the wisdom that comes from God. Knowledge helps me in life but wisdom leads me in to eternity. James tells us what wisdom from God looks like. As I journey here on earth, I seek God’s wisdom in my life so that I might be peace-loving, considerate, submissive to God, full of his mercy and the Spirit’s good fruit, impartial and sincere. I love learning from God’s word. Now that’s exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment