For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, July 31, 2010

God's Son Will Shine

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

My co-workers and I celebrated the birthday of one of our student workers who recently turned 19. One of them asked me if I would like to go back to the age of 19. I said, “No.” I have no desire to start over. There is no guarantee that I would be any wiser, and there are many things I would not change anyway. Everything that has happened to me, every circumstance, every person I’ve interacted with, every job, every event, everything in my life has shaped me to be who I am today. With God’s help, I have learned from difficult situations. Through God’s blessings I’ve gathered many wonderful memories.

As a believer in the grace and hope that Jesus Christ offers, I find peace. Looking toward the future, I know that difficulties will still litter my path, but I also know that the bright rays of God’s Son will shine on me and offer the light called hope. Praise God for his Holy Spirit who renews our hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment