For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, July 16, 2010

He Holds My Hand

Psalm 139:9-10 & 13-14

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

I have witnessed our children take the hand of their child before they cross the street. The mom or dad carefully instructs their little one to look both ways before they cross, as they explain the possible dangers of the cars whizzing by. The parents guide the children. They love their little ones and want what is best for them.

Much like God who, if we reach out to him, takes our hand and guides us through each day. He created us and he loves us. He wants us to follow him and trust him, just like a young child follows his/her parent. Knowing that he knit me together before I was born, he knew me and wanted me, brings me joy and peace. He is my guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment