For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, November 1, 2014

I'm Waiting

Psalm 27:14
Wait
 for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.

Patience…

I’m not naturally patient. Maybe because I’ve lived in an era of “Have it your way”, “Just do it”, fast food, and text messaging. I often find myself encouraging my grandkids to be patient. Then wonder if I’m setting a good example. I’m probably more impatient with my writing than anything else in life. As I tap on the computer keys and read books about writing, I pray for God’s guidance and ask him for…patience. I hope someday to publish a novel. The truth is— that will happen in God’s time. That doesn't mean, I sit back and dream the day away. Instead, I plug away and make the effort.

With God’s help, I’ve learned to wait on him. Every time I’ve run ahead of God’s plan or gotten frustrated with waiting, he reminds me he designed me and knows my life. God’s timing is perfect, whether we agree with it or not. I’d rather wait on God, than fail miserably. So many times in my life, I’ve run ahead and made mistakes. When I’ve fallen on my face, I’ve realized once again that God knows what’s best for me. Praise God for his patience with me.

10 comments:

  1. Waiting is for sure one of the hardest things we do, even after being multi-published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate, Penny. :-)

    "But they that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles..." (Isaiah 40:31 KJV)

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting can be so hard, and your post is a good reminder to me of how important patience is. I especially liked these two sentences,
    "God’s timing is perfect, whether we agree with it or not. I’d rather wait on God, than fail miserably."
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific reminder in this time of healing and postponing things I cannot do right now. You are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how many times I asked my loved ones to be patient in a hurried tone because I wasn't being patient. This post was a wonderful reminder. Thank you, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Julie. I always write to myself when I write my devotions. Thanks for your thoughts.

      Delete