For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Family Holidays

Ephesians 3:14-17a
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith…

The holidays…a time for family. Whether you spend time with your biological family, adopted family, framily (friend family), or church family, it can be a time of joy, laughter, craziness, sadness, or stress. My family keeps me grounded, reminds me where I came from and who I am. We are a mixed up bag of funny, goofy, smart, and spirited. Even when we agree to disagree, we love each other and step up to the plate when someone’s in need.

God intended for families to care for each other. To bring strength to the weak, love to the lonely, share tears in mourning and laughter in joy. Whoever I spend the holidays with, I want them to see Jesus. Being with people exhausts me. It’s that introvert thing, but after I’ve spent hours with the people I love, I am so blessed. I love my family, framily, and church family. It’s a joy to share this time of year with all the people I love. I pray for each person reading this as you head into the Christmas season, that this will be a time of love and joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment