For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, December 5, 2014

At First I Panic!

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar every month.   
–Harlan Miller


It happens every year. About mid-November a switch flips inside me. At first I panic.

So much to do:
  • decorate
  • make gifts
  • buy gifts
  • wrap gifts
  • bake
  • send cards, etc.
Christmas lurks around Thanksgiving’s corner.

How do I handle the panic?
  • focus and pray
  • stop and enjoy Thanksgiving
  • remember the reason for the season
  • make lists
  • enlist help
  • listen to Christmas music or whatever music brings joy
  • read a Christmas book
  • read the Christmas story
  • simplify
  • enjoy the people I love
  • give things away
  • give to a good cause
  • cherish the memories created
Have a Happy Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment