For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Beauty of the Butterfly

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Blue Morpho we saw at the zoo. One landed on me :)

Recently, I traveled with my daughter, Maggie, and her children to Indianapolis to visit the Children’s Museum and the zoo. At the zoo, we stopped by the White River Gardens for the butterfly exhibit. Maggie looked around the room at the winged beauties and told me that she knew a lot of people who said they saw God’s existence when they looked at a new born baby. 
But for her, she saw the magnificence of God in the butterfly.


As I watched the intricately winged creatures swoop about, I was reminded of the hope I have in Jesus. They reinforced my desire to go to heaven and stand in the beauty of God, who loves me more than I can imagine. Some religious teachers talk about how to be good, others tell their listeners how to give back to the earth and live in harmony. Granted, living a peaceful life and taking care of the resources that God gave me is important. But to live life without faith in Jesus is detrimental. He is the only way to heaven. I don’t know about anyone else, but I have no desire to spend eternity in hell. Instead, I look forward to eternal life with God. Praise God for the butterfly, a beautiful glimpse of heaven. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time with the grandkids. And a butterfly exhibit? Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete