For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Praying to God

Romans 15:30

I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.

Even the apostle Paul asked his friends to pray for him. Packed and ready to move along on his journey, he sought out prayer warriors, who would take his needs to God. Recently, my daughter posted prayer requests on Facebook for two different families who faced grief.  She recognized that they needed someone to intercede for them. It’s a beautiful moment when the Holy Spirit takes a request to God.


Remember when prayer chains moved across telephone lines, one person at a time? Some still do. But, now some are sent electronically, to everyone at once, or simply posted on a social media site. I’m concerned that the ones posted may be overlooked or forgotten. I’ve been thinking that I should write them down as I see them or better yet, stop and pray at that moment, which I often do. God wants me to seek him in prayer. Not just for myself, but for others. For the burdens of life, praises and joy and to bring others to salvation. He wants to hear the requests, groans and thank yous. So, I urge you to pray for each other. And please do lift a prayer for my daughter’s friends as they need that support. Praise God for listening and answering.

No comments:

Post a Comment