For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, June 7, 2013

Overflow with Hope

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I had the opportunity to attend a QPR Gatekeeper training at work.  In the class, I learned how to help a person who might be contemplating suicide. As difficult as this sounds, the class equipped me to help someone in distress. Throughout the session the teacher gave information on the practical things to do. One idea resounded throughout the talk. Give the person hope. When a person has hope, they can step out of despair. With help they can move forward in life.

As the instructor spoke, I thought about how important hope is in my life. There’s no greater hope to look forward to than what Jesus gave when He died on the cross. Through faith in the Savior, God’s children have the hope of heaven. Even as I live my life on earth, I have hope in the word of God, in prayer, and in the people God surrounds me with. The Holy Spirit reminds me that God loves me and has a plan for me. His hope fills me with joy and peace. Praise God for his love and salvation.

Where do you find hope?

2 comments: