For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Abba, Father

Galations 4:6
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” 

I saw a post on Facebook that asked people to post what their dad had taught them. A strong work ethic and an example of Christian living were the top two answers. I can say that my father certainly taught me a good work ethic. He worked in some capacity until he saw eighty-two years old. Even after that, he stayed busy until he passed away. He also showed me the love and encouragement that he learned from reading his Bible. I remember him sitting in his chair studying his Sunday school lesson. I loved to see him read God’s word. He wasn’t one to pick up a novel, but he knew what the Bible said. I miss my dad, but I am fortunate to have good memories. I am sad when I hear that some fathers were not a blessing to their children. I pray that they can find the fatherly love they missed through 
Grandpa Tim & Aiden

God the Father and through other Godly men.
In Galations 4, Paul writes about the most wonderful Father who wants all of us as His children. Abba, God, the Father. All names for the creator of the universe. He breathed life into every one. I’m thankful that I had a caring earthly father and that I know God the Father. I’m also grateful that my husband, Tim, loves Jesus and shows our children and grandchildren his faith. We are also blessed to watch Adam and James as they father their children. What a joy. Happy Father’s Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment