For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Jesus Grew in Wisdom

Luke 2:51-52
Then he went down to Nazareth with them
 and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

I love to watch things grow. As a mother and grandmother, I’ve enjoyed watching my children and grandchildren mature and change. When I planted flower seeds in my garden, I enjoyed seeing them go from sprouts to blooms. Tater came into our lives as a sweet little puppy. Believe me when all ninety pounds of him jumps in my lap, he’s not a puppy any more.

To know that Jesus grew in wisdom and in favor with God gives me hope and joy. As I observe the maturity process in myself and the people God surrounds me with, I am blessed by those who grow in Christ. Like a farmer who plants the seed and fertilizes, God’s word is a seed for my heart. Once that grain is planted in me, he cultivates through life experience. The older I get the more I rely on God for wisdom. Through his word, I find the tools I need to grown on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment