For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Red or Yellow


Colossians 3:12-13
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 
Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

I love to hear children, with their natural instincts, support the word of God. After a meal at Frisch’s, my son-in-law asked his son and niece what color suckers they’d like. He brought back a red one for Eli and a yellow one for Dylan. As children do, they got into a fun conversational battle of which was best, red or yellow. As they laughed at themselves, Eli put on his serious face and looked at his cousin. “I know, you will like yellow and I will like red.”

I may not like the same color car as the person waiting to pull into traffic, but I need to show kindness and let him out. The mom with noisy children in the grocery store might get on my nerves, but I should ask if I could help in any way. I may not agree with the political views of the person who sits beside me, but I respect the person. God created all of these people. As a Christian I want to show them kindness and compassion. Agree or not, God wants me to love others as he does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment