For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, October 28, 2011

It's the Great Pumpkin

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 

In autumn, children run through patches looking for the perfect orange globe to carve into a shining light. Adults seek that just-right fruit for pie or the golden-brown beauties that stand tall, squat short, or sit with a lopsided nod.  The pumpkins that dot porches, yards and orchards bring a smile to my face. In my younger years, the pumpkin I enjoyed the most appeared on television. As the theme song played, Linus made his trek to the pumpkin patch, with Sally in tow.  He waited on the Great Pumpkin and every year the pumpkin passed him by. But, Linus never gave up, he held on to his hope that the Great Pumpkin would appear to him year after year.

Linus’s simple faith reminds me of the hope and faith I have in Jesus. I believe that Jesus will return one day to take his children home. As I wait for my Savior, I trust in God and know that he is faithful in his promises. Praise God for hope and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment