For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, October 14, 2011

God's Delight

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, 
   the Mighty Warrior who saves. 
He will take great delight in you; 
   in his love he will no longer rebuke you, 
   but will rejoice over you with singing.

When I think about the things that bring delight to my heart, I picture my grandchildren running to me with their arms reaching out, reading a well written book, and witnessing an autumn sunrise. But when I realize that God, who created the entire universe, cares to know me well enough to delight in me my heart sings.

How can a God filled with the power of a mighty warrior look at me and find the time to love me? That’s who God is. He is my Savior, my friend, my hope. I praise God that he sings over me with rejoicing and that he finds me delightful. I am humbled in his presence.   

Just as Zephaniah wrote these words as a comfort and hope to the people of Judah, God included it in the Bible as a hope for you and me. I thank God that he stands as a mighty warrior and surrounds me with his grace and protection. His love surrounds us and he sings over us. Our God, who is mighty to save, delights in us, loves us and rejoices over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment