For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, September 2, 2011

God's Renewal Plan


Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary 
   and increases the power of the weak. 
Even youths grow tired and weary, 
   and young men stumble and fall; 
but those who hope in the LORD 
   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint.

One thing I’ve found in my recovery from surgery is that weariness seems to envelop me. By late afternoon I’m ready for a nap, most of the time I don’t get one. But, I know from experience that my physical tiredness will be restored over time. The weariness that concerns me more comes from my soul, that spiritual exhaustion from serving God and people. Sometimes I just cannot keep going.

What I can do however is pour myself out to God in prayer and read his word to gain insight. He may direct me to step out of my ministry for now or lead me in a totally new direction. God lets me know when I’m finished and when I need to begin again. I love the verses in Isaiah that promise me that God renews my energy and shows me what direction to fly. He has plans for me, as I have hope in him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment