For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, September 23, 2011

We Plan God Laughs

Psalm 16:9
In their hearts humans plan their course, 
   but the LORD establishes their steps.

Over the years, I’ve realized that when my day follows a rhythm I am more satisfied with the results.  When I catalog books at work I follow a routine, repeat my actions and complete the task. Unfortunately, anomalies in the type of book or record I’m using throws off my tempo.  I’m not saying that I am not flexible or that I can’t regroup and make the best of the situation, but I am saying that I work far better when I follow a plan.

God created me with his plan in mind. He molded me with purpose and knows what he wants me to accomplish. Fortunately he supplied me with the Bible, a how-to manual, that answers many of my questions and lets me know when to be patient and have faith.

When I get out of step with Jesus, I’m a walking disaster. I really should go back to bed or better yet to my knees and spend time with my Lord. There is nothing sweeter than knowing I am walking beside my Savior and he matches me step for step. I am at my best when my spiritual rhythm syncs up with God’s desires for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment