For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Remember You

Philippians 1:3-4
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy

My co-worker and I traveled to Ohio University for a Library Staff Conference. Route 32 wound through the greened hills and shot us into Athens in no time. We registered and found our rooms and then joined other library folks for a time to meet and greet. The whole time I mingled with people or sat in quiet observation something nagged at me. For several years Tim and I made trips to Athens to see two of our daughters who attended and graduated from there. That was it, I missed the girls. They should be on campus for me to visit and hug. Of course they had left Ohio U years before and moved on with life. Never the less, I missed them.

I love how Paul, in his letters, reminded the recipients that he remembered them, thanked God for them and prayed for them. Often the Holy Spirit brings people to mind, whether in a particular setting or just in my thoughts. When the Spirit brings that person’s name to me, I stop what I am doing and pray for them. Many times that person has acknowledged that the day I prayed was a day they especially needed prayers. The Spirit knows what we need and works among us as Christians to further God’s kingdom.  Listen to the Spirit’s prompting and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment