For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, July 29, 2011

Peace

Romans 12:18
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
 

When I was a child my family referred to me as the peacemaker. I wanted everyone to agree to watch the same TV show (and enjoy it), I tried to befriend everyone at school and I never enjoyed arguing, confrontation or controversy. As an adult, I’m not much different. If I think a disagreement might grow from a discussion, I’ll try to redirect the conversation. This explains a lot about how I deal with conflict. I try to see the good in people and the best in a situation. I know that sometimes that leaves me ignoring reality and that things might not work out. But even in the worst circumstances I want to show Christ’s love through the act of peace.

Romans 12:18 starts with the phrase “If possible”, sometimes a peaceful solution simply cannot be reached. When conflict occurs, I hope to learn from it and see how God uses it for good. But as long as it depends on me and not others I pray that I can bring peace to any situation. May God bless you with peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment