For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, August 19, 2011

I Will Endure!


Romans 15:4-6
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.


Right now I am praying that God builds in me the endurance to practice my physical therapy everyday so that my knee will gain complete mobility. Through arthroscopic surgery, the orthopedic surgeon invaded my knee and found severe arthritis and a floating body (now that’s an interesting term). With his skill and instruments he cleaned out the aggravating culprits that caused me an uncomfortable amount of pain. Now that I am back to my senses and off the pain meds, I need to endure and exercise. If you know me at all you know I’m not really into exercise. I like to walk and that’s about it. But I know God is helping me in this and that I have many prayers of encouragement.


Just as I endure physical therapy, I pray God pours the ability over me to endure life’s circumstances. My day to day life brings frustration and anxiety but also brings joy and wonder. I ask for God’s encouragement and pray he fills me with his love and that I keep my eyes on him. Praise God he gives us his word to teach and encourage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment