For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, February 5, 2011

There is No Crying in Heaven

Revelation 21:3-4
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Sometimes I need a good cry, one that clears my mind and helps me move forward. Other times I would rather suck on a lemon than cry. The aftermath of crying leaves my head hurting, my face blotchy and my sinuses screaming. God gave us tears and emotions to help us work through this life. Jesus cried over his friends and he instructs us to mourn with those who mourn. There is no shame in crying, but sometimes it is just plain frustrating.

Praise the Lord that God has prepared a home in heaven for us that does not include tears. God himself will dry our eyes. Plus an awesome bonus, no more arthritis, disease, stomach aches, headaches, backaches, or any aches. No need to mourn or cry. I thank God that John wrote down the words in Revelation to give us a glimpse of heaven. This week thank God for heaven and spend time imagining what it might be like to live in the constant presence of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment