For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Refeshed

Philemon 1:6-7
I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

Last evening I spent time with some lovely ladies from our church. We gathered together to play a crazy game called Bunko. After a long and busy week at work, I found joy spending time with women who love God and love to laugh. We enjoyed each other’s company and found an added bonus of refreshment for our tired minds.

We all need refreshment and encouragement from time to time. One way I find this is to read God’s word. I enjoy choosing a book in the Bible and just reading through it. Every time, God speaks to me and assures me that he loves me. He encourages me with his promises and refreshes me with his love. In turn I want to pass that encouragement on to others.

I pray that the joy of our loving God brings you an uplifting and refreshing week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment