For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Entwined

Romans 5:5
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

In Ohio in August the weather has cooled a bit (that will change again soon). At night the temperature has dipped as low as 41 degrees, and for a few days we were teased by a fall like coolness. With the changes in the weather, I’ve noticed that early in the morning a light fog hovers over the ponds and wet areas. Occasionally, I even see tufts of grass wearing tiny fog hats.

The fog swirling across the surface of the water, reminds me of the nearness of God. I’ve heard people say that God is in heaven, or he is watching down on us. But I know that God dwells right here with me. He is not some faraway being who directs my life like a conductor. Instead he walks with me. He knows me. As a believer in the grace and glory of Jesus Christ, I know that God lives inside me through the Holy Spirit. He doesn’t dwells on the surface like the fog; he is entwined in my life, woven into every fiber. Praise God for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment