For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 26, 2010

He Intercedes

Romans 8:26-27
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

I am not a good conversationalist. When I am in a situation, usually at work, where I need to make small talk (whatever that is) my mind either goes blank, or I think of things to say that no one wants to hear anyway. Fortunately, I am not in that situation too often. Thank goodness I do not need to worry about coming up with just the right words when I talk to God.

As a believer in the grace and redemption of Jesus Christ, I am blessed with a powerful weapon. God’s Holy Spirit lives inside of me, prepared to guide me, pray for me, and show me the truth. At times in my life, when words do not come and I desperately need for God to hear my prayers, the Holy Spirit takes over and carries my thoughts to God. I know this because God answers those prayers. So, when my mind cannot form the desire of my heart into words, I depend on the Spirit to lift up those desires to God. Praise God for His gift of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment