For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tiger Lily Praise

Psalm 63;3-5
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Driving home from work this week, I have enjoyed seeing the bursting orange color of the tiger lilies that live in the ditches along the road. All winter they hibernate, and in the spring they gather nourishment. When the heat of late spring/early summer arrives they burst forth like trumpets sounding toward the sky.

The stretching of their long stem and trumpet like bloom remind me of someone extending their arms and voices toward God with praise. God loves to hear us sing his praise and wants us to share our prayers. As the tiger lily stretches toward the sky, leaves out-stretched and head tilted up, let it be a reminder of our God who loves us and longs to hear from us. Let us praise God in all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment