For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Encouragement and Hope

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

I am blessed with seven beautiful grandchildren (OK, Grammy is bragging) and I love it when I see joy and excitement in their faces. My granddaughter Dylan often calls me and I love to hear the joy in her little voice when I answer the phone. She also runs and hugs me when I see her. To me she radiates encouragement and hope, two of my favorite actions.

Through Jesus we find encouragement and hope. Through his death and resurrection, He secured the hope of an eternal life filled with praise and joy. Through his words I find much needed encouragement that carries me through the difficult days on this earth. I praise God who gives us the hope of heaven and encouragement through the Holy Spirit. Some days just seem impossible to navigate through, those are the days I turn to his word even more and dig into the stories of Job, Paul, Mary and so many others who shared their earthly journeys with us. I pray you find encouragement and hope through my devotions and most of all through the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment