For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, March 19, 2010

Road blocks

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." ¬¬– Matthew 16:23

Recently, a road crew started working on the bridge that we cross to enter our town from the west. We can currently drive one direction on the bridge but not the other. When I leave town traveling west, I use the bridge –¬¬ when I return I drive around the edge of the village and enter from the south. My frustration increases as I drive out of my way to get home. And that is not all; I read a sign this week that said the ramp to the main highway near my home, which I take every day to work, will also be closed soon.

At times in my life I have felt blocked, unable to move forward. As God calls me and I try to follow, Satan hinders my way with distractions, detours and road blocks. Even Jesus told Satan to move out of his way when Peter denied Christ’s impending death. Through prayer and scripture, God shows me how to put Satan behind me and move forward on my journey of faith with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment