For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Frogs in a Storm

Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble,
and he brought them out of their distress.
He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.
They were glad when it grew calm,
and he guided them to their desired haven. Psalm 107:28-30

Last night Tim and I drove home in a thunderstorm. I usually enjoy the light show that comes from the storm and the tapping sounds of the rain. But, I was driving and that adds a different dimension to the trip. Being responsible for our safety as we drove, I was careful to keep my eyes on the road. As we traveled along, I spied two frogs desperately trying to hop out of the danger zone of moving vehicles and into the safety of the ditch. These frogs bore the burden of two stressful events at one time.

So often in life, I feel like the frogs, desperately trying to escape one stress while seeking shelter for another one. I shout praise that I have a God who stills the storms and guides me to a haven where his love protects me and his word calms my soul. As I face stresses in this life I want to place them in God's hands, the only true shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment