For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, March 5, 2010

A Little Green

We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. 1 Thessalonians 1:3

After I carried a bag of trash outside to the garbage can, I walked back toward the house and noticed that I still had a small flag decorated with a snowflake hanging in my flower bed. I love winter, but I’ve had enough snow for the season, so I stopped to take the flag off its metal holder. As the flag slid off, I noticed green sprouts pushing up out of the hard dirt just behind the little pole. Tiny daffodil leaves stretched up to catch what sunlight they could. A sure sign of spring filled me with joy.

When the daffodil rests under the ground, the bulb gathers nourishment, so that the leaves will push up through the soil and the ruffling yellow flower can bloom. As a follower of Christ, I go through my own winter seasons. During those times, God urges me to gather strength from him through reading his Bible and talking to him. Then in the spring moments of my life when I am refreshed, my heart is prepared to reach out to others as I serve God.

Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment