For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Jesus Prayed for Me

1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you… 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent… 20 I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you…24"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. ----John 17:1, 3,20,21,24

When I know that I will be facing difficulties, or I sense that my anxiety wants to control me, I email or call people who pray. Knowing that someone else prays for me, comforts me and allows me to let go of the anxiety and instead spend time listening for God’s voice.

Did you know that before Jesus died he prayed for you? I encourage you to read The New Testament book of John, chapter 17. The entire chapter is devoted to Jesus praying. He prays for himself, he prays for his disciples and he prays for you and me. I love the thought that Jesus himself spoke a prayer on my behalf. He loved me and prayed for me before he even knew me.

No comments:

Post a Comment