For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rearview Mirror

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such there is no law.

The other day driving to work I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw a beautiful sunrise splashed with pinks and yellows. God created a glorious sight that morning. Seeing the trail God left behind blessed me, but (don’t you just cringe at the word) it left me wondering what I leave behind. What would I see trailing after me if I looked in a rearview mirror?

Would I see gentleness, patience and peace, or would I see the trash I’d left behind? Would I find the angry moments, the times I stayed quiet instead of speaking up for Christ, or the hurt feelings of people I loved? God instructs us through Paul in Galatians to live by the fruit of the Spirit, and what glorious fruit God shares.

No comments:

Post a Comment