For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Seasons

I'm not sure I could live in an area where there are not four seasons. Each one brings a defining element that inspires me.

I love the quiet peace of a winter's day with a fresh snow fall. A day where I can contemplate and assess the joys of life.

I appreciate the feeling of renewal in the spring. Seeing the daffodils bloom and the forsythia dance, remind me that life spills out and moves forward.

I enjoy the freedom of summer. No coats to weigh me down and the feeling of energy that comes with the sunshine.

I revel in the smells of autumn and the glorious changing colors from God's paint brush. The cooler days create a cozy, wrapped in a blanket by the fire feeling.

I praise God for the beauty he creates through our natural world. What an amazing artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment