For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Life

John 10: 9-10
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

The other day I stopped at my daughter's house. My granddaughter Dylan wanted to show me her "garden", a muddy spot she'd been digging, then she asked if she could pick a daffodil (from the real garden) for me to take home to our dog Tater. Of course I said yes. This brought joy to my soul, that this little one wanted to send love to our dog. This week I heard the birds singing early in the morning, a sure sign of spring. This brought joy to my heart, that spring finally arrived.

With all the sadness and sin in the world, I am thankful for the moments of joy that come through the most simple circumstances. Jesus came that we may have joy, peace and hope. He came to give us an abundant life. What a comfort to know that life rests in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment