For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Whiter Than Snow

The world is covered in white. About five inches of snow fell last night and more is on the way. The University I work for is closed today. So, for a change, I have time to write. Our backyard glitters with a pure white snow blanket. Our flowering crab tree's red berries stand out against the white glow.

When I see the pure white snow, I can't help but be reminded of Christ and how he makes us whiter than snow. His berry red blood spilled to cover our black sin and make us pure white.

Psalm 51:7 "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." David cries to God to cleanse his soul, just as we cry to Christ.

Praise God for his mercy and grace.

Snow also reminds me of wonderful times with my children, sledding, snowman building, playing duck, duck, goose. Now my daughter plays with her little girl in the snow. What a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment