For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowdays

In Ohio about 8" of snow and some ice dumped on us over 2 days. I am one of the fortunate people who got to stay home both days because my place of employment closed due to the weather.

I am a snow lover and I enjoy most of the winter. I look forward to January because it is usually a quiet month. I love snowdays, I like to think of them as bonus days. Days when I have no schedule or goals. For the past 2 days, I read, wrote, looked up publishers, sewed, played with the dog and spent time with my husband. I enjoyed it so much.

I remember when my girls were young we (and usually several kids from the neighborhood) rode sleds, made snow angels, and of course had a snowball fight. Then we hurried inside for hot chocolate. In our haste, we peeled off our outerwear and left piles of wet clothes all over the utility room. I miss those days.

I think this year, I'll just enjoy the sparkle of the snow in the sunlight and the peaceful elegance of the moonlit winter night. I'll pray for those who have to travel on the icy roads and appreciate the people who work round the clock to keep the roads cleared.

No comments:

Post a Comment